Tuesday 27 March 2012

The first cycle tour of the year :)

The weekend promised to be warm and sunny so I decided to make a ride with the bike from Bremen to Bremerhaven. Most of the tour is along river Weser, the connection  between the two towns.


Bremen is a "long" town as the industry settled along the river Weser, so it takes some time to leave Bremen behind. 


























Tussilago Farfara, I get soppy when discovering them - the first flowers of springtime.



As hen I would fell in love immediately :)
After roundabout 30 kilometres I needed a break, some sandwiches and a cup of hot tea. It looks warm, but there always was this cold wind blowing.



The path across the small river Hunte, only 2 kilometre before Elsfleth.





Elsfleth
































Here is the proof! Here where I live the cold wind is blowing from N/W, more precisely said, from England.




















Not only the wind is blowing from England, the fog is also coming from there.


I took the boat from Blexen to Bremerhaven, where I stayed over night.
Here is a webcam from Bremerhaven with a great view from above.
On bright days you are able to see this ferry going back and forth to Blexen.



The sun was there again on Sunday, so I went into direction north, to Wremen, where I started with a Krabben-brötchen. That is a small white bread filled with small crabs - yum yum :)

Beach chairs, as you can see, they fascinates me :)






In the background one can see the big harbour for container ships in Bremerhaven.




Ahhh, something red :)

































In the afternoon I went back to Bremerhaven from where I took the train back to Bremen. It was a nice weekend!


1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful cock up there.

    A few miles ahead I fed the seals today.

    ReplyDelete