Thursday 5 April 2012

The Shaggs

A father decides that his daughters shall become a famous musical group. He buys them instruments, takes them off school and urges them to play for several hours a day. Unfortunately the girls don´t know anything about music, and are not able to play the instruments. Short time later the father book them a weekly gig and brings them to a recording studio. "Philosophy of The World" remains the only recording of The Shaggs.
It´s not a fairy tale.


The Shaggs - I Love
The Shaggs - My Cutie
The Shaggs - You´re Something Special To Me
The Shaggs - I'm So Happy When You're Near

They survived, here´s an interview:
Jon Ronson Talks To The Shaggs

















I Love 

I love little baby ducks, old pick up trucks,
slow moving trains and rain.
I love little country streams, sleep without dreams,
sunday school in may and hay.

And I love you too.

I love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends,
birds in the world and squirrels.
I love coffee in a cup, little fyzzy pups,
Bourbon in a glass and grass (?).

And I love you too.

I love honest open smiles, kisses from a child,
tomatoes on the vine and onions.
I love widows when they cry, losers when they try,
music when it´s good and life.

And I love you too.


1 comment: