Tuesday 31 July 2012

Bristol - Bath - Bradford upon Avon - Frome

Hello there!
As Pauline was so nice to let me sleep in her house for two nights, I took a whole day for Bristol. So I rolled downwards into the centre of the town, turned to the right, and found myself on the lovely St. Nicholas Markets, where I sat down with a chocolatine and a cup of coffee. Strolling through the market I decided to come back in the afternoon for a maroccan dinner (it was excellent, by the way!).



































































I walked around in the town, and made a trip to the famous Clifton Suspension Bridge, before I, as you already know, went to the youth hospital and their computers.



































The next day started with some rain, the englishmen says "showers" even if they lasts for hours, but it went out to get better later on. I went on the Railway Path to Bath, where I ate the most expensive fish and chips I ever had.





































Bath was crowded of tourists from everywhere of the world, the people were queuing in front of the roman bathes, so I decided not to go there. In a cafe I found a nice woman who kept an eye on my bicycle so I could go and watch the cathedral from inside.









































































And as I sat outside again, thinking about what to do next, Hazel took place right by my side. We started to chat, what ended with that I was invited to stay at her home in Bradford-on-Avon. So I went on visiting Bath before I took the most beautiful cycle path along the Kennet and Avon Canal to Bradford.

No, this is not Germany :)




































So thanks for the hint taking that path, Hazel, and a lot of thanks goes to Steven and Sarah who were sitting on their boat in the dawn playing fiddle and accordion, giving my tour a sentimental-romantic touch :)
In the next morning, Hazel took me to a visit of the Tithe Barn from the 14th century, and after that, she invited me to a tea for two with teacake in The Bridge Tea Rooms for a step back in time to the victorian era.

































After having seperated, I walked around in Bradford before heading off in direction Frome.


































I was glad to find Farleigh Hungerford Castle on my way. The roads are already very steep here in Somerset, so I'm happy for every opportunity to take a rest :)






I reached Frome in the afternoon, and started to search for a friend of mine. I didn't have her address, but as my second name should be Holmes, I did it :) So thanks a lot Sandi for using your computer and letting me sleep in your bed for guests :)





Schau mal, Aldona, siehst du was ich auch sehe? :)






No comments:

Post a Comment