Saturday 28 July 2012

Some thoughts about England...

When cycling along these beautiful lanes in this country I've got a lot of time to think about what I'm seeing on my way.
For the first, I wonder what held me from going here earlier in my life?
What I like a lot is the landscape, it is wilder, and not that manicured and managed as it is in Germany. Along the streets and lanes bushes and grass are high, full of wild flowers.

Very often really old trees can be found, sometimes they are standing in the midst of the fields, the farmers doesn't care about it and are driving their tractors around the trees. Some of the trees are even dead, but no one obviously cares about cutting them down.
The lanes are narrow and are following the structures of the nature, so it has already been a lot of ups and downs since Gloucester, I have already sent 650 gramms of my luggage back home :)
The electricity lines are above the street, and not under the earth as in Germany, all the swallows are sitting on them chirping their songs.


































The most of the people I met were so very friendly and helpful! There is no reason to be afraid or anxious.

3 comments:

  1. thx for the tour news update ... motivates me to hop on my bike and visit the seaside, too as it is still dry and sunny at the moment here.

    keep on biking viti - best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still enjoying your trip, sorry the rain has returned fingers crossed it will clear up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That are only showers, Rupert :)

    ReplyDelete