Tuesday 21 August 2012

Boscastle

After having been in Bude for some days I decided to go further in direction Tintagel. I was following the national cycle route number 3 and reached Boscastle. Miles for miles downhill into the valley, and some fish and chips in the first restaurant. Guess what? It's raining again! :)
Warm and with a full stomach down to the harbour. I don't believe my eyes, I have seen that place before, on this webcam :)

 






































On my walk through the very beautiful natural harbour of Boscastle I had the opportunity to watch a seal fishing in the rough sea.
I talked to a lady from Nottingham who told me about a nice camp site on the cliffs in Bossiney. So I went there. Now I'm happy having survived. In that night one of the worst storms were hauling over the cliffs. Wind gusts up to 87 kilometers per hour. I was really afraid and went to the warden who allowed me to sleep in the pub over night. Very worried about my tent and my bicycle which I had left on the cliff in the midst of the storm, I tried to get me some hours of sleep.
But as I went to take a look the next morning, my dear Akto was still standing there, I was very glad about that!


I´ve been asked what kind of tent I´m using. So here is a product review I found on the net, and I must accede to it, Akto is fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. ... and the tent and bike got no damages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, everything is alright with tent and bike :)

    ReplyDelete