Saturday 25 August 2012

Camel Trail, Luxulyan Valley, and Charlestown

I'm back, my friends, it's a rainy day in Fowey. But I found Pinky Murphys Cafe with good food and a computer :) A good opportunity to give you a short review about what happend lately.
On wednesday I left Padstow and the Atlantic Ocean. I took the Camel Trail which turned out to be a highway for all cyclists taking their holidy on the coast. After Wadebridge there was less traffic up to Bodmin where the trail ended.















































On the early afternoon I found a camp site in the sun. In the next morning I headed towards the English Channel. The National Cycle Route number 3 took me along the beautiful Luxulyan Valley, in former times a tin mine.








































The valley is bridged through the Treffry Viaduct & Aqueduct, the first one of it's kind in Cornwall and built in 1842.


































Just in time for a late lunch I reached Charlestown at the coast. Old ships were laying in the harbour, unfortunately still no sun.





























No comments:

Post a Comment