Sunday 12 August 2012

Exmoor

Been there, done that. It was hard, really hard. I have been pushing a lot, and I must say, I'm not very fond of it, especially when it rains :)
My tour brought me from Minehead to Porlock and from there to the twintowns Lynmouth and Lynton.









































After a really adventurously tour down on a footpath, I was happy to reach the small church of Selworthy and the village Bossington where I ate a late lunch.








































The next day was rainy again, and I knew that steep hills were waiting for me, so I took me a lot of time for Porlock Weir.
You can watch that sweet little harbour at this webcam.













































And then I decided to go. I pushed for two hours and made 2 miles, and it rained. The last 7 miles to Lynmouth on the mainroad were as if I were flying :)









































The town of Lynmouth was destroyed by flooding in 1952, so it was rebuilt, not really nice to watch.







































The camp site was in Lynton, some hundreds meters above, so I was happy to find the Cliff Railway which took me up again to Lynton :)

































I was exhausted from the day and decided to stay. So the next day I took the railway back down to Lynmouth. On my way I walked a path which could have been somewhere in a rainforest :)
And, I know, there are a lot of boats on this site ;)






















































In the evening I asked my neighbours if I could charge my mobile. I could, and I was invited by Sue, Andy, Valerie and Dave from Chester to a beer and barbecue. Thanks for that, it was a nice evening! Some greetings also goes to Hanna and Radek from Praha! Hope your knees will be well soon, Hanna!

2 comments:

  1. http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9375/snapjpgbrahrefcounter13.jpg Here is your Porlock pic viti :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anon! Yes, my friends, that small human in black rain clothing is me! :)

    ReplyDelete