Sunday 12 August 2012

Glastonbury

Ansgard had told me about The Goddess Festival in Glastonbury, so I went the 6 miles to Glastonbury, found a site close to town and pitched up my tent. I was just ready as Thor and the other gods opend the sky, there was big thunder and lightning, a lot of rain, but later on he went away, and the full moon was to be seen :) Next day was sunny, so I went into town.


































At first I took a look at the Glastonbury Abbey, and the museum before I walked around in the park. 






I was very impressed about The Abbots Kitchen.





The pond of the abbots was lovely and full of really big fishes :)

































After my visit of the Abbey, I climbed up to The Tor of Glastonbury. From there, I was able to watch the Mendip Hills and Wells.





































All this climbing made me hungry so I went down again in order to get me some food in Glastonbury, it was there I met Ansgard and Michael for the second time :)
Glastonbury is known for all kind of festivals, a lot of hippies were walking around, and the most of the shops had names like: Conscious Clothing, Enlightenment, Natural Earthling, YinYang, The Magic Box In The Mists Of Avalon and so on :))





No comments:

Post a Comment