Thursday 6 September 2012

Plymouth

I left Looe in direction Plymouth, in Looe Seaton I was able to see the Looe Island.




My tour took me along the coast, the weather was sunny, and there weren't too many hills to push :)
























I reached the pretty and  small villages Kingsand and Cawsand just in time for the last ferry to Plymouth.  
So unfortunately there weren't any time to take pictures. The sea was rough, the sky turned grey, so I was quite happy as I reached solid earth again :)


The next day started with heavy rains, but i had already decided to stay one day in Plymouth. But as I reached Plymouth the sun came out and it turned out to be a beautiful day :) Sorry, here are some boats again :)




















After I had a pot of tea in this sweet little hut, I went to visit the Barbican, the historic part of Plymouth. I spent some hours in The Elisabethan House and The Merchants house.




































Hunger for something sweet, time for cream tea on The Hoe. I sat down where The Beatles had been sitting, afterwards I went down to The Tinside Lido. Watch webcam here!







































After all this wind and salty air it was time for grilled swordfish on pilaw in Shirley Valentine´s Taverna before I went back to the camp site.









No comments:

Post a Comment