Saturday 29 September 2012

The simple life of Olde England :)

Like Anonymous lately said, it is some kind of a time travel when going on holiday to England :)
For example the flushing of toilets.
What?
Yes, I want to talk about the situation of the english toilets, so, let´s pop in to the ladies.

Flushing Toilet

In the beginning I want to pay England a compliment. There are toilets everywhere, and you don´t have to pay for it. The cleanliness is off course allways a problem on public toilets, but there is mostly toiletpaper and a possibility to wash your hands afterwards.

 































But the problem is somehow in between, after having done the job, you have to flush the toilet, and that is not easy, believe me.  The type of flush shown on the first pic of this post is quite ok, but there is another kind of flushing where you somehow have to pump before it works (pic on left side).
To speak the truth, I didn´t understand how to manage that. Therefore I have to direct an excuse to those people who used the toilet after me, sorry mates! :)
So, my friends, just as hint, if you are going to England avoid these kind of flushings :)

Contrary to a often mentioned statement, Thomas Crapper did NOT invent the toilet flush, sorry! :) Americans stationed in England during WW1 used to say "I´m going to the crapper" when going to the toilets because they saw his name on the cisterns. Inform yourself about this important part of english history here.

But I found something really interesting in some of the toilets. I was astonished how highly developed the english culture can be at some points! Here one have the great possibility to change ones baby, I guess some parents are very happy about that :)


No comments:

Post a Comment