Friday 28 June 2013

Claymills Victorian Pumping Station

Beside of Bridge 29 was a sign about the Claymills Victorian Pumping Station. Unfortunately closed on Tuesdays, but I decided to get off the canal and have a look.
As I was standing in front of the entrance one of the volunteers came up to me and invited me to take a look at the station.
I stayed there for roundabout 2 hours, and even if I didn´t understand an iota about what I was viewing I was amazed about the old Victorian Beauty. This post is big, enjoy, my friends :)






These are one of the original drawings, at least a part of it :)
And this is the situation how the volunteers found the site 20 years ago before starting the restoration. Look what it became! Here are 3 examples.




They did a great job!




































This is the original workshop. One of the former workers had made reports about whom the old machines were sold to. So they were able to buy them back.





















What I learned from the video below, it was all about BEER! Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant photos (as usual) of some fantastic old Victorian machinery. See it in action in the video.

    More technical stuff at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymills_Pumping_Station

    ReplyDelete