Friday 28 June 2013

From Fradley Junction to Sandon

The day started with clear blue sky and high temperature. I was quite happy as it got a bit cloudy during the day and less hot. I went by Rugely, and the junction at Great Haywood where the Tixall Wide meets the canal. Soon behind are the Pasturefields, which in former times was known because of its salt industry and medicinal baths. The towpath is in a bad condition here, bumpy and with high plants on its sides. I was glad to find a flat place for my tent behind Bridge 84 where I drunk a Cider in the evening sun watching the cows watching me :)















Great Haywood Junction is the junction between the Trent & Mersey Canal and the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal. At the junction, crossing the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal, is a frail and delicate looking arched bridge, which has stood since 1770s.





No comments:

Post a Comment