Tuesday 16 July 2013

From The Anchor Inn to Wheaton Aston

The evening before I had been invited to have a shower on the boat of Sue and Stewart, and Tessa had invited me to dinner. All this kindness went on during the day. In the morning I was invited from Pam and Trevor for an old fashioned English Breakfast with Staffordshire Oat Cakes :)
Well fed and with a warm heart I went on in direction Wolverhampton.
Oh, and yes, the sun was shining :)






High Bridge is situated at the southern end of Grub Street Cutting and carrying the A519 across the canal. This unusual double arched bridge supports a tiny telegraph pole on the lower arch. This is all that remains of the continuous line which used to follow alongside the canal.
It was Sunday and a lot of weekend boaters were already having their first pints in the pubs of Norbury. I swapped a book in the sanitary facilities and left this busy place.




I met Mark, a painter at Bridge 26, and chatted with him for some hours before I went on to Wheaton Aston. Here I met Alex from The Anchor Inn again. He invited me to have a shower and to sleep on his boat :)



No comments:

Post a Comment