Saturday 24 August 2013

Kennet & Avon Canal - From Brunsdon Lock to Hungerford

It had been raining in the night and the morning brought more showers. So my tent went wet onto the bike.
I decided to go to the next village to do either camp site or Bed & Breakfast. As I reached Hungerford after some mile the sun had come out. I found a B&B, put up my tent for drying, was invited to use the washing machine, and took a walk through Hungerford.
The region between Reading and Hungerford is Englands Silicon Valley. Microsoft, Nokia and other companies have settled here and Hungerford turned out to be pretty, expensive and full of shops selling antiquities.























2 comments:

  1. Is that The Lone Rangers horse ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it´s Silver :)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vavK9JFQfVw#t=82

      Delete